Privacy and Cookies Policy
1. About Us
Dairy Crest Limited is committed to preserving your privacy.
We may change this policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure you are happy with any change. This policy was most recently updated on 3 December 2015.
If you have any questions about this policy please contact email@example.com.
2. Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process information and data about you in a variety of ways:
a. Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in electronic forms on the Website, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our Website or services or when you contact the Consumer Careline for any of our products. The information you give us may include;
- your name and contact information, address, email address and date of birth;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, experiences with our products and contact preferences.
b. Information we collect about you. When you contact us, visit our Website or otherwise engage with us we may collect information from you. For example:
- each time you visit our Website we may automatically collect technical information and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page (for more information on the technical information collected by us or on our behalf see ‘Cookies’ below);
- if you contact our Customer Careline, we may record the phone number used to call us and we will also record details of your experience with our products. This may include sensitive personal data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998).
c. Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, service sub-contractors, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
3. Use of your information
All information we collect is used to operate and improve the services and products we offer you and includes the following purposes:
- to process and deal with complaints, comments and feedback, including providing a resolution where appropriate;
- for internal record keeping;
- to follow up if you have purchased goods as part of our customer care procedures;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to monitor and improve the Website, our goods and services;
- to conduct market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour;
- to enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf;
- for business administration purposes, including any business restructuring or mergers, fulfilling any legal requirements and/or regulatory compliance obligations.
4. Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group companies (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
We may also share your information with selected third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy. Those third parties who we engage may process your information, handle competitions and promotions and provide support services to us in order to provide our products and services and to assist us with the administration of our business.
We may also disclose your information to a third party if we are under a legal or regulatory obligation to do so; if we merge, reorganise or transfer all or part of our business (in such cases your information may be disclosed to potential and/or actual successors of the business); and/or for other necessary business purposes, or as otherwise allowed by the law.
We will not transfer, disclose, sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties other than in accordance with this policy.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may be processed by third parties operating outside the EEA who work for us for the purposes set out in this policy. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely.
5. Security and data retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. Where we use third parties to assist us, we will require them to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your information and to use it in accordance with this policy. We will retain your information for as long as the law requires.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Accessing and updating
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. A fee (currently capped at a maximum of £10) may be payable to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please update as soon as possible by contacting us at email@example.com.
7. Linking on the Website
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. Once you have left the Website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Cookies on the Website
ASP.NEW_SessionId this cookie stores the user’s session ID for the Content Management System. This cookie is destroyed when the user closes their browser.
AWSELB this cookie allows user requests to be routed to the server.
www-dairy-crest-co-uk#lang this cookie stores language information. It is destroyed when the user closes their browser.
The Website uses Google's analytics cookies (_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmt and_utmz) to collect information about how visitors use the Website. The information is used to compile reports and to help improve the site. The cookies collection information in an anonymous form, including number of visitors to the Website, where visitors have come to the Website from and how long they stay on the Website.
You can, should you choose, disable the cookies from your browser and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting "Tools/Internet Options" and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting "delete cookies". This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking "help" on your browser's menu.
9. Contact us
All comments, queries or requests relating to our use of your information are welcome and should be addressed to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
The content of this Website is owned by Dairy Crest Limited, a private limited company registered in England & Wales and our company number is 02085882 ("Dairy Crest"). The registered office address of Dairy Crest is Claygate House, Littleworth Road, Esher, Surrey, KT10 9PN. Our VAT number is 609276330.